Saturday, November 29, 2008

Books I won't be reading

I think I'll skip Kleypas' Christmas book--A Wallflower Christmas. I read the review on likesbooks.com, and one of the girls is agonizing over her husband's interest in another woman. I hate that type of storyline.

I won't read anything less than 4 1/2 **** on Amazon, or anything less than a B on likesbooks. Those two rating systems usually run true with my own taste.

Except-- 5 **** don't always guarantee that I'll agree. I like Regency, but not Amanda Quick or Jane Feather.

I like mystery--but not gore. Some of the Eve Dallas books run a little strong in the S and M department for my taste. However, some are just excellent. I'm really liking High Noon by Nora Roberts, and she uses there some of her successful JD Robb techniques.

No comments: